Let Ivy League editors help you get into a college

Hire Pro x
University of Alabama, Huntsville
there is no photo

Donald Hollingsworth

Professor in the Engineering department

Teacher Reviews17

17 teacher reviews

add a review

Review by

Avoid this teacher at all cost. The tests were on material that was not covered, and there is practically no partial credit given.
1
1

Review by

This teacher was a nightmare, honestly. I attended class every day and worked problems he assigned. By the Midterm 22 of 40 students had dropped the class and the class average of the remaining 18 students was close to a fifty. Please do your self a favor and wait to take this class avoid this …more teacher at all cost less
2
1

Review by

This calls is a horrible mockery of the educational system. The teacher is incredibly condescending and unhelpful. He responds sarcastically and rudely to questions if he answers them at all. Almost all of the test contain material that is not covered in class he in no way teaches to what he test. …more Do not take this teacher!!! less
2
1

Review by

Ulg, over 60% of the students in my class dropped this class and the remaining 40% of the class had a fail rate of close to 70%. That is a 28% pass rate I believe. Please do your self a favor and wait for a different teacher
3
1

Review by

He is the single worst teacher I have ever encounter in my six years of higher education. This is also the first class I have ever failed.
3
1

Review by

This professor was one of the better ones I've had at UAH. His tests were difficult, but fair. If you work all of the homework problems, and attend class, you'll do fine. If you enjoy Thermo, you'll do well in his 342 class. He relates the theory to real world examples and works problems on the …more board that are very comparable to what's on the test. less
1
1

Review by

Hollingsworth is frequently rude to his students and killed my desire to perform in his class with his condescending nature.
3
1

Review by

Not easy but fair. Keep up with the homework and you should be fine.
1
0

Review by

If you have a choice between him and Hedayat, pick Hollingsworth. The subject matter is difficult and so are the tests, but he grades fairly and he is an excellent teacher. His teaching, grading, and treatment of students seem to have improved dramatically over the past year, as my class was …more nothing like the horror stories I'd heard previously. less
1
1

Review by

The material in this class is difficult if you don't have a good study method. He helped me learn how to study for test and that made all the difference. The main thing is take good notes and write them so you can remember them. I think he gets a bad rap on campus.
2
3
Load more reviews
find a teacher

Professor qualifications determine the quality of education students get at a university. Thus, student reviews of professors are an essential part of choosing an institution to attend. Here, you can find a number of student reviews on the work and skills of Donald Hollingsworth, a Professor in the Engineering department at University of Alabama, Huntsville. The university is located in Alabama, USA. The institution requires professionalism from its teaching staff and regular training courses attendance to maintain a high level of educational skills.

This university professor has received 17 reviews from former and current students, as well as some other guests. The majority of the submitted reviews are negative. 8 people note the high quality of professor’s classes. 9 comments find the skills of Donald Hollingsworth lacking in a certain area of academic abilities of teacher-student relations.

Student opinions are important for university teachers as they show the level of their pedagogic skills. If you have any experience with the classes of Donald Hollingsworth, share your experience and assess the quality of this professor’s work. Your review may help young applicants to find the right educational establishment.